While there are many different ways to travel from Mumbai to Delhi, travelling by air is one of the quickest, most comfortable, and often luxurious experiences. If you are someone who likes a comfy journey without any fuss, we can make your flight booking experience a breeze! At My Flight Trip, we help you book Mumbai to Delhi flights in a few simple steps so you can reach your destination without much hassle.
Keep reading our blog to get all the information you need about Mumbai to Delhi flights.
Flying From Mumbai To Delhi? Get A Quick Overview!
Lovelle Drachman famously said, “Blessed are the curious for they shall have adventures.” While curiosity may kill a cat, it feeds the soul of a traveller. It’s good to have the urge to know all about the place you are going to visit. Not only does it help you stay stress-free, but also keeps you safe and well-prepared. Here are a few points about flights from Mumbai to Delhi that will help you:
- More than 100 flights fly from Mumbai to Delhi in a day!
- The distance between the two cities by air is 1148 km.
- You will reach your destination in about 2 hours and 15 minutes if you take a direct flight.
- The lowest flight ticket may cost you around Rs. 5200.
- Some of the popular airlines on this route are IndiGo, Air India, and SpiceJet.
Book Your Ticket In A Few Easy Steps
Thanks to several flight booking platforms such as My Flight Trip, booking a Mumbai to Delhi flight ticket is now a quick and simple task. Follow the steps given below, and your ticket will be booked in no time:
- Visit a flight booking website.
- Search for the flight by feeding in the details – date, number of passengers, departure and arrival city.
- You will be presented with a list of flight options. Choose the one that suits your budget and other needs like time duration.
- Enter the details required to book a ticket, including your name and contact information.
- Before making the payment, check for any available discounts. Apply the discount code and complete the transaction.
- Viola! Your booking will be confirmed and your e-ticket will be sent to you.
Important Details About The Mumbai Airport
Regarded as one of the busiest airports in India, second only to the Delhi International Airport, the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport in Mumbai (BOM) is a traveller’s gateway to adventure. Before you board a direct flight from Mumbai to Delhi, equip yourself with basic knowledge about the Mumbai Airport.
- The airport is located in Santacruz – a suburban area in Mumbai.
- Being one of the most prominent airports in the country, it has 2 terminals catering to domestic and international flights.
- It offers various amenities, including dining options, duty-free shops, currency exchange, and multiple lounges.
- The airport is easily accessible by taxis, buses, and rental cars. You can also reach the airport by ride-sharing.
Important Details About The Delhi Airport
Before you land, learn all the important details about the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGI) in Delhi — India’s biggest and busiest airport!
- It is located at a distance of about 16 km from the city centre in a place called Palam.
- It has a total of 3 terminals used for both domestic and international flights.
- It offers all the important facilities like lounges, dining, shopping, currency exchange, medical solutions, and more.
- The airport can be accessed by cars and rental taxis. It also offers metro connectivity, with a metro station at Terminal 3.
Exploring Delhi — Things To Do In The Capital City
Visiting Delhi is often considered one of the most important aspects of an India tour. It’s not only because Delhi is the capital of India but also because it’s a melting pot of various cultures and traditions, making it an interesting place to explore. After your short Mumbai to Delhi flight, don’t miss out on the chance to experience the charm of Delhi by undertaking the following activities:
- Visiting Popular Landmarks: You can head to sites such as the Red Fort, Humayun’s Tomb, Qutub Minar, and India Gate to relish their architectural brilliance and learn about their historical significance.
- Enjoying Delectable Dishes: No tour is complete without treating your tastebuds. When in Delhi, do try the city’s famous street food, including chhole bhature, daulat ki chaat, golgappe, faaluda, and paranthe. You can also try the Mughlai cuisine.
- Going On A Shopping Spree: Delhi is home to many local markets like Janpath, Chandni Chowk, and Sarojini Nagar. If you want to buy traditional handicrafts from different Indian states, head to Dilli Haat.
- Stopping By Places Of Worship: If you like visiting religious sites, Delhi has many! From Akshardham Temple to Jama Masjid and Bangla Sahib Gurudwara, you will find enough and more places to please the devout in you.
- Exploring Museums & Art Galleries: Are you a history buff? Or does traditional craft appeal to you? If yes, you can visit the National Museum, National Gallery of Modern Art, and Crafts Museum for a fun time in the city.
If you want to reach Delhi from Mumbai quickly, travelling by air is the right option. You can choose from several cheap flights from Mumbai to Delhi, and in a matter of about 2 hours, you will be at your destination. From exploring the cultural heritage of the capital city to enjoying the flavours of its mouth-watering food, there are many different ways to make the most of your visit to Delhi.
At My Flight Trip, we are dedicated to making your Mumbai to Delhi flight booking experience completely convenient. From booking your ticket to checking the status of your flight, everything can be done from our one-stop travel platform. So, plan your visit quickly, and let us take care of the rest.