Kedarkantha is such a popular winter journey that it has earned the title “Queen of Winter Treks.” Because of the knee-deep snow in the winter, the spectacular view from the pinnacle, and the attractive and straightforward paths, it is popular with visitors. The ‘easy on endurance’ path travels through the thick pine trees of Govind National Park. The vistas from the top make the 12,500-foot height increase worthwhile. The Kedarkantha walk offers an amazing view of the cosmic sky, lush meadows, snow pathways, attractive towns, fragrant pine forest, sky-scraping peaks, peaceful rivers, and folklore narrative whispers. Kedarkantha is a beautiful walk that allows photojournalists to capture the snow falling from the pine trees, which appears to be magical dust. Overall, this truly is one such trek that no one would want to miss.
Day 1: Dehradun to Sankri | Himalayan Paradise Route
Distance: 187 km | Time: 6-7 hours | Elevation: 1950m
- Arrive at Dehradun and set out towards Sankri town.
- Start driving along the Yamuna and Tons rivers, surrounded by pine forests, and take in nature’s splendor.
- After a pleasant ride, arrive in Sankri and check into the comfy campsite.
- At the campsite, savor a delectable dinner.
- Stay at Sankri for the night
Day 2: Sankri to Juda Ka Talab | Lord Shiva used to meditate here.
Trek distance: 4 kilometres | duration: 3 to 4 hours | elevation: 2786 metres
- After breakfast, you will depart from Saur Village and begin your ascent.
- We will pass through several high-altitude bridge decks and tiny towns along the way.
- Enter the Juda Ka Talab lake, formed when Lord Shiva opened a tiny strand of his hair and dribbled liquid from it.
- Step out of your tents and take in the starry sky beside the frozen lake.
- Spend the night in Juda Ka Talab..
Day 3: Juda Ka Talab to Center Camp | Prepare your cameras
Trek distance: 4 kilometres | duration: 4 to 5 hours | elevation: 3430 metres
- After breakfast at Juda Ka Talab, proceed to Kedarkantha’s core.
- Plunge yourself in the gorgeousness of the snow-lined path and spots of green that encircle you on your journey.
- If the weather gets bad, you can take refuge in the safe and well-equipped Gujjar huts.
- The breathtaking view of the snow-capped Himalayan mountains of Bandarpoonch, Swargarohini, Kala Nag, as well as Ranglana will take your breath away.
- When you arrive at the campsite, treat yourself to a great meal before retiring to your tents for the night.
- Stay the night at the Kedarkantha base.
Day 4 | From Base Camp to Kedar Kantha Top of the mountain | The Day You’ve Been Waiting For
Trek distance: 6 kilometres | time: 6-7 hours | elevation: 3800 metres
- Prepare for the greatest adventure after breakfast.
- Begin early in the morning, around 2 a.m., and plan on spending 7 to 8 hours to reach the summit.
- The mountain ranges of the Yamunotri and Gangotri ranges, as well as the Kinner Kailash ranges, will welcome you with their welcoming and diluted sunrays.
- When you reach the peak, your jaw will fall and your eyes will not blink as you watch the sun rise from the top of the mountain.
- After some time at the summit, we will begin our descent and walk all the way back to base camp.
- Arrive at the campsite and cap off the day with a wonderful meal.
Day 5: Base Camp to Sankri | Depart with the Magnificent Mountains
Trek distance: 6 kilometres | duration: 4 to 5 hours | elevation: 1950 metres
- At the base camp, make a nice breakfast.
- Prepare to listen to some unique historical stories shared by your guide as you come down to Sankri village.
- Proceed on the trail, admiring the views of the Himalayan snow-capped peaks.
- Show up in the small village of Sankri and start sharing your trekking tales with your mates over a mug of tea.
- Stay in Sankri village for the night.
Day 6: Sankri – Dehradun | Farewell to the High Peaks
Distance: 187 km | Time: 6-7 hours | Elevation: 640m
- After a delicious breakfast, board the car and begin driving back to Dehradun.
- Show up in Dehradun in the late afternoon or early evening.
- The Kedarkantha trek plan concludes here with happy times and beautiful memories.
- Now Planning to do an Andaman trip? Want to know more about various plans? Check here Brahmatal trek