Quickbooks not opening issue is one of the prevalent issues that you can face while operating the application. You can face the issue when you try to open a company file on the system, and you cannot do so. In this article, we have explained to you how you can fix the Quickbooks not opening issue. Also, we have listed all the reasons for which the issue may occur.
Factors Leading to Quickbooks Not Opening Issue
There are not many reasons why you can face the issue of Quickbooks not starting. Here are all the possible reasons for which you can encounter the issue.
- One of the prevalent reasons is that the hard disk of your system is corrupted.
- In case the name of the company file exceeds the limit.
- Also, if the Quickbooks is installed incorrectly.
- Moreover, you can face the issue if the QBWUSER.INI file is damaged.
- The Windows operating system is outdated.
Troubleshooting Methods to Resolve Quickbooks Not Working Issue
Method 1: Employing Tool Hub
Quickbooks tool hub is an integration of all Quickbooks tools so that the user does not have to install different tools for different issues. The first method to get rid of the Quickbooks won’t open issue is to use the Quickbooks tool hub. Complete the process by following all the steps mentioned below.
- To begin with, you need to get the Quickbooks tool hub on the system.
- You will then have to double-tap on the toolhub.exe file and then begin the installation process.
- Choose I agree on license prompt and then follow all the instructions on your system’s screen to complete the setup process.
- Next, when the installation process completes, you will have to choose the Finish option.
- You will then have to double-tap on the icon and open the system’s tool hub.
- Now, on the tool hub window, tap on the program problems tab.
- Under this, click on the Quick fix my program option.
- Wait for the scan to complete, and on completion, you will have to close the tool window.
- Now, start Quickbooks and check if the error is fixed or not.
Method 2: Fix Issues With Install Diagnostic Tool
You may face the Quickbooks not opening because you have not installed the Quickbooks application properly. Therefore, you will have to use Quickbooks install diagnostic tool to fix the Error. For this, go through the steps mentioned below.
- For this, you will have to start the tool hub on the system.
- You will then have to choose the installation issues tab on the tool hub window.
- Now, you will have to choose to install diagnostic tool on the system.
- Wait for it to scan for the issues and fix them. It may take up to 20 minutes.
- When done, you will have to start your system again and then check if the issue is resolved or not.
Method 3: Start the System Again
You can almost get rid of all the issues by rebooting your system. To reboot, you will have to click on the start icon on the system and then hover to the power option. Choose the option to restart or reboot your device. You will then have to wait for the system to restart. After restarting it, start Quickbooks again. Rebooting your device applies all the changes that you have made to the system.
Method 4: Create a New Windows User
Another method you can fix the Quickbooks won’t open issue is creating a new Windows user. For this, go through the steps mentioned below.
- First, you will have to start the Control panel on the system and then look for the user account tab.
- You will then have to choose the manage user option and then click on the Add option.
- Now, you will have to type the account’s name and choose admin as a domain. Choose ok and proceed with the process.
- You will now have to click on the administrator option and then click on the Finish tab.
- You need to log out of the existing account and use your new credentials to log in to your system.
Method 5: Change the Name of QBWUSER.INI File
One of the common reasons for which you can face the Quickbooks won’t open issue is the corrupted QBWUSER.INI file. For this, go through the steps mentioned below.
- To begin with, you will have to open the folder in which you have stored the ini file.
- You will then have to QBWUSER.ini file and then right-click on it. You will then have to choose the option to rename the file.
- While renaming the file, you will have to add OLD at the end of the name and save the changes. Repeat the same procedure for the ECML file also.
- When done, start Quickbooks and check if the error is resolved or not.
All these methods mentioned in the above section of the article will help you get rid of the Quickbooks not opening issue. However, if you continue facing the same issue, you will talk to the support team.