Asthma is a respiratory condition that makes people feel very uncomfortable. It is common. In India, more than 1 in 10 children have been diagnosed with asthma or some other form of this disorder.
You must know how to reduce asthma attacks and live a normal life after reading the following article. To get rid of this disorder, you should first analyze the triggers of asthma.
Then, eliminate these triggers from your surroundings. Here are some tips for reducing the frequency and severity of asthma attacks:
- Reduce Asthma Triggers
Asthma triggers can be divided into two groups. They are as follows:
- External Asthma Triggers: These are the different things that cause an asthma attack in your surroundings like pollution, cigarette smoke, dust, etc. You should avoid them to reduce the frequency and severity of the asthma attack.
- Internal Asthma Triggers: These are the different internal factors, which affect your body and cause an attack of asthma.
They can be avoided by following these simple tips:
- Eat a balanced diet, which is rich in eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), omega 3-fatty acids, and low in arachidonic acid.
- Exercise regularly to improve your lung capacity.
- Take vitamin C supplements daily to get rid of respiratory infections.
- If you have been diagnosed with an allergy, you must take medications for it.
- Maintain clean and germ-free indoor air by doing regular cleaning and dusting. Also, do the regular maintenance of your air conditioners to reduce indoor air pollution by calling professionals such as air conditioning Sydney
- Take Medicines
Asthma is caused due to swelling of the airways of your respiratory system. Some medicines are available in the market that opens up these passages and reduce the chance of an asthma attack happening. You can consult a doctor before buying any medicine or supplement to avoid any side effects.
- Get Appropriate Treatment
Allergies are also one of the major triggers for causing an asthma attack. If you suffer from allergies, visit a doctor immediately to get treatment to stop allergen from entering your body. Avoid wearing perfumes and heavily scented products, as they can cause an asthma attack.
- Use Humidifier
A humidifier increases the level of moisture in your environment, which has been shown to relieve symptoms of asthma and other respiratory problems.
Humidifiers have been shown to reduce nasal congestion and decrease coughing due to colds or flu. A device that adds moisture to dry indoor air is needed.
- Take Rest
If you are suffering from an asthma attack, take the necessary precautions mentioned by your doctor and avoid over-exerting yourself. Also, sleep well at night to improve lung function; this will also help reduce the severity of an asthma attack.
- Drink Plenty Of Fluid
Drink plenty of fluids, such as water and green tea. Fluids provide moisture to your airways and help keep them from drying out. In addition, liquids maintain the pH balance in your respiratory system.
- Avoid Dairy Products
If you are suffering from an asthma attack, avoid eating fatty foods for a while. These foods increase mucus production and dry out the bronchial passages, which can cause an attack.
- Avoid Smoking
Smoking is a leading cause of lung cancer and other respiratory problems like asthma. It should be avoided by everyone for a better life.
- Relax Your Body
Follow a regular exercise routine and yoga to reduce stress and feel better. Regular exercise has been shown to improve lung function. It also helps control the severity of asthma episodes. You should follow these simple exercises regularly:
- Try doing breathing exercises for relaxation as they allow you to concentrate on your breathing pattern, which decreases anxiety and restores normal body functions.
- Doing some simple yoga poses will help strengthen your body muscles to control an asthma attack.
- Get Some Fresh Air
If your symptoms are severe, go out in the open for some fresh air to recover faster. Fresh air helps in reducing respiratory infections by strengthening the lungs and also maintaining normal blood oxygen levels.
Try taking a rest in the open when you suffer from an asthma attack; this will help you breathe easier with less effort. If you are staying indoor, then make sure indoor air is trigger or allergens-free.
Clean the ducts and replacing the filters of your air conditioners is also important to maintain the clean air inside the home. We recommend you to call certified professionals such as ducted air conditioner Sydney contractors for the maintenance of your ducted AC.
Even though asthma can be a burden on your daily life, some simple precautionary methods mentioned above will help you live a normal and healthy life.
Do not skip any of these tips on how to reduce an asthma attack as skipping one may lead to severe consequences that paralyze your lungs permanently.https://kbfblog.com/