If you already have upgraded to the newer version of windows 11 then it is time for you to install your desired softphone. Windows 11 has introduced a bunch of whole new features to its customers. Although the software uses in windows 11 is more or less similar to windows 10. However, there are also some drawbacks & benefits that you may face while using software like a softphone. As of today, our purpose is to let you find the best free softphone for windows 11 (SIP Apps), so we have listed the top 8 softphones that are worth giving a try.
Before we start you should keep in mind that no softphone is perfect, not one softphone can provide you with everything. However, each softphone comes with its own unique feature that might be helpful for some users. So, before using one check out the features it offers & then decides whether it is useful for you or not. So let’s get started:
You may hear of Blink a long ago. It is well known for its best Google integration. It also is a great option for windows 11 users. It uses SIP protocols & has become one of the biggest real-time communication clients. It comes with a way lot of features yet is very simple & easy to use. You can use this on both windows & MAC including iOS & Android.
- Lots of features but very simple & easy user experience
- Easy OSX integration and Google Drive integration
- A lite version just in case you want to use this on MAC
- The hold feature may get fastidious sometimes
- No redial button or hotkeys
Ekiga is well known for its simplicity & easy user interface. It is an open-source softphone application basically made for Linux. But with the latest updates, you can also use this on your windows 10 or windows 11. It comes with an instant text messaging feature & an easy video conference feature. It also was the best messenger application for Linux & nowadays one of the best for windows as well.
- You can have multiple VOIP codecs
- You can easily personalize your source codes
- Best for video conference & messaging
- Not suitable for MAC
- Does not come with multiple features besides video calling & messaging
Bria is definitely one of the most popular SIP apps in the world. Especially those who are building their carrier using better communication always prefer this one. That is why often it is known as the carrier-grade softphone application. It is suitable both for individuals & businesses. It is often considered as the replacement of your desk phone. You can easily make voice calls & video calls using Bria.
- It includes QoS & a long list of different kinds of codecs
- Free entry-level features
- It can convert texts to instant messages
- Comes with all basic features like fluid SIPcommunication, clear interface & more
- Compatible with most IP PBXs & VoIP services
- No extra feature for business/commercial uses
- It may consume system resources
The most amazing feature about Liphone is that you can easily call on any device you want. It is an open-source Voice Over IP that allows you to communicate with people through internet service. Voice call, video conference & messaging, all three options are available here.
- It features multiple codecs, IPv6, bandwidth management, echo cancellation & more
- Intuitive contact manager
- The interface is well organized
- Compatible with Windows 11, MAC OS, iOS & Android
- It does not come with a standard phone dialer
- Only VP8 Video Codes supported
If you are looking for a powerful softphone application for windows 11 then Ringcentral might be the one. It also is an award-winning communication solution for modern days. It is a cloud-based SIP app that helps to optimize your personal & business communications. It comes with commercial-grade business communication tools for text, voice calls, fax & video conference.
- Business-grade communication tool with a lot more commercial based features
- Customizable & flexible user interface
- Not a free application
Jitsi is well known for its IM (Instant Messaging) feature. It is a java built open-source IM application for windows 10, windows 11 & more. Its features are not just limited to messaging. It also allows the user to make voice calls & video conferences using SIP.
- Comes with lots of features like voice & video calls, IM, call recording, encryption, IPV6 support & many more protocols
- Amazing compatibility with mobile devices
- Good for windows 11 & MAC
- Critical control, you may require more time to get used to it
MicroSIp is an open-source SIP softphone especially made for windows. It was available on all previous windows & now it also is compatible with windows 11. It is based on PJSIP. This is a lightweight SIP softphone application & works without any distortion. It is well known for making clear video & audio calls. It also is available with lots of language settings.
- Person to person calls free & international calls will charge very less
- High quality & distortion-free VoIP calls using SIP
- Multiple language compatibility
- Available Standard dial pad
- Not suitable for MAC, iOS, or Android
- The setup is quite complicated
SOftphone applications are widely used especially for business communication purposes. 3CX is a softphone SIP application that is suitable for all types of business. No matter if your business is small or large, 3CX will always come useful. This is an open standard IP PBX that will offer complete & Unified Communication.
- Easy to install & suitable for mobile devices besides windows
- Suitable for any size business
- It includes Specific mobile apps to receive phone calls
- You can use this for video conferences & messaging
- The features it offers are not very helpful for personal uses
If you are using a softphone for voice calls on your mobile device then do not forget to get the Best Wireless Headphones with Mic. The call quality of a Softphone mainly depends on the speaker & microphone you are using. You can also use a Budget-Friendly Headset for Video Conference using windows 11. Thus you can enjoy the softphone experience to its fullest.